Don't Grieve For Me

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God laid you see.
I heard him call. I took his hand
And travelled to a better land.

A land where I am whole and strong
Where life is beautiful and long
The colours bright, the music sweet
A place where I have found my feet

Pure joy, full peace-my God is here
I know you wish I was still near-
But resting with Jesus, I'm safe in arms
Protected from all that once caused me harm

*  *  *  *  *  *

But Mum, you're missed, you've left a hole
Your loving heart, your gentle soul
Your laugh was infectious, your humour was great
(I'm not sure your cooking was worthy to plate)

You never held back in the words that you spoke-
'I'm so proud!' 'You're awesome!' 'You chose a great bloke!'
Your art was amazing-your beauty shone through
Your talent, your flair and your thoughtfulness too

No more pain, no more suffering-of this there's no doubt
You're able to breathe, to run and to shout
The best life above, in His arms safe you'll be
But my wish Mum would be just one more chat with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disability 101

Dear Mrs May

Inside-out knicker-trousers... and other tales of joy